YGA Spring Conference 2016, Copenhagen

YGA Spring Conference 2016, Copenhagen

miércoles, 30 de marzo de 2011

Miss Misfortune

Thanks God i already finished the 2nd of three duties for this semester!! Sadly, this last time turned to be a misfortune for me :S... i don´t believe in bad luck but if you check out all my record in my practicum it is hard not to believe that there has been a bit of misfortune involved :(!!! Why do i say this?  I think it is not fair when i try to give my best effort and then i get a bitter result at the end. Yeaaa, that`s what happened today after teaching :[ . I feel soooo pissed off  and i still think it is not even fair that your tutor does not value your work, i know i am not perfect but sometimes you have a very possitive feeling when you know that things go exactly the way they should go, in the bottom of your heart there is something that tells you that you have done an excellent work. Furthermore, only ONE feedback was provided in the Second class of the period until NOW  that the rest of the feedbacks were given after i had finish my LAST class (thumbs down). How could i know my mistakes if my feedbacks were not even known ? The 3 classes of this period were done basically blindly!!!
Besides, i always arrived suuuper early whilst my tutor arrived just on time or few minutes LATE :( .
I am not justifying myself, though. I know that every class was a new chance to learn and share what i know with these guys that i learnt to appreciate.
Plus, i just don´t get why my tutor said that i  did not transmit enthusiasm to the students after having a class full of giggling, fun and lots of laughing among each other. I think that just because the students liked to participate does not mean that i am too passive. DUH!!! --->:S . Andddd Yeaaaaaa,agreeeeeee---> i share the opinion that teachers must be leaders but it doesn´t mean that i am going to raise my voice nor shrill out to the guys when they are  not paying  attention, there are other tactics that you can implement.

Overall, i think i had my faults as everybody did, but it doesn´t mean that you are going to be smashed so badly by your tutor even when they were also students in a determined time and they had to go through the same experience as me. There were some things that were just not necessary and adding that i had no previous feedback, i just performed the way i considered which i think was not perfect but at least it was very very veeeeeery acceptable since i noticed my students` reactions and the way they treated me.
At the end, i gave the last farewell to my students  who i consider unbelievable people that cooperated a lot, they never disrespected me and they were always kind and welcoming despite their short age. I wish i could work with them again. They told me that everything was perfect and also they thanked me for being their teacher for a while, therefore, that`s the final and most important reward that i can have in this 2nd mission even though i don´t accept my grades. But oh well, it was not up to me, sometimes you depend from others and i know that there are still a  millon of things to be learnt but  as i always say "just relax and get the best out of every single experience".

regards

5 comentarios:

WH173 4N631L dijo...

oh sonita!! I feel sad for you, i almost cry when i read this because i have felt like that... when we give our best effort we don´t get a good grade i really don´t know why our tutors have to be like that they should notice when we have been doing a big effort to be better as it supposed they know how to evaluate us!!!!! sonita, teaching is hardest I wanna give up but my parents don´t allow me jejejeje so just try to enjuoy what you do since that´s t he only good thing when you feel good looking at your students doing what you are asking them for. While you are at the classroom don´t pay attention to your tutor "just ignore him/her"
I wish you luck for the next period :)

Sonia Maria Zavaleta Mancia dijo...

OOOH THAT FELT SO MUCH BETTER CHIKITINA!! THANKS FOR YOUR SUPORT TQM xx

Teacher Yenni dijo...

OMG! sorry for you Sonita...
I know you did a grat job, and you also know it so do not feel bad and think about your future opportunities to show how good are you for new challenges...
Some people tend to forget that they also were students and that they had the same mistakes and some of them continue making them but they feel so important just because they are teachers... They do not care of all our sacrifices and efforts to become good teachers...
Keep working Sonita and do not worry to much, next period might be better...

cemelendez dijo...

Sonita,

I really think that you shuold have goten the feedback after every class. I agree with you when you say that you did not have the chance to know what you had to improve if you did not get a feedback. These are the things I want you guys to let me know so I can talk to the tutors and ask them to talk to you after you teach a class. That's the only way you can know what your turor expects you to do.

I think you are doing a good job, so do not worry and try to enjoy this chance you have to teach different classes and know differet teaching styles.

Blackrainbow dijo...

Sonia.....teaching is really hard, especially at the beginning. Nevertheless, it is so gratifying when you see how far your students can go, and how they are growing and developing their teaching skills. As a teacher, I feel very proud of you and all the effort you give in every single thing you do. Remeber there are different teacher styles. Sometimes, we dont like all of them, but we must keep something in mind.....from all the experiences in life......the goo and the bad ones......we have to learn a lesson and improve as professionals and as human beings. If you have felt down at any moment......take a deep breath and relax.....smile.....think positively....remember the greatest teacher of all the times....Jesus.....and look at yourself in fornt of the mirror....and thank God for being such a wonderful person. Do your best no matter the circumstances of the situation.......You can do it. I trust you.