YGA Spring Conference 2016, Copenhagen

YGA Spring Conference 2016, Copenhagen

viernes, 11 de marzo de 2011

Bring on Season II

Hello amigos!!! Exams are over so a new process starts again, for me it means  another opportunity, another chance that help us  show our knowledge and reach our final aim this year...to become professionals and succeed in life!!
So, this period is crucial for us since it gives you a more general idea about what our final output will be like at the end of the semester!!! What makes me happy is that this period we must accomplish exactly the same activities we had the previous one which makes this whole thing easier for us, it doesn`t mean that i am going to back up, though!!!! Talking about my practicum, i still don´t know what to expect despite i had my first experience of this period. Last Wednesday i started the duty again and overall, i think it went pretty good, i personally consider i had a good start unlike last period where i was basically sliced up by my tutor (dislike!!!!!!!!!).
This time i had some different issues but thanks God i was able to get through them!! The first issue, the lesson P. wasnt sent on time but until Monday Midnight !!! Tuesday morning i received an e-mail and i was basically warned ---> my tutor said to teach on Tuesday (and the class was ging to be at 9:00am which means NO TIME)or to choose between Wednesday or Thursday, otherwise, my grade was going to be LOST :( so i had to drop out my plan and make up a plan "B", i had no choice than just teach on Wednesday :S ...  I wanted Tuesday since the schedule is more flexible but anyways the good thing is that loved my performance on Wednesday despite i don´t like to be teaching at 11:00!! but oh well, for my grade i would be able to adapt myself to any enviroment it is presented jajaja.
I arrived very early and 15 min. before the class the students were arriving, the teacher arrived some minutes after!! I was introduced to the new group of people i am going to be responsible for and as normal they were staring me, studying me (the "stranger")....and as always i tried to give them a good first impresion because you never know how these people will react in future situations.
I started to explain basic stuff ("telling time"), not that hard for them to understand, they followed everything i set for them which was good and i wasn`t nervous at all...As soon as i finished, some boys  started to say kindly "a clap for the teacher" and everybody clapped me cheerfully!!! I was like aaaaaaaawwww i like this group jejeje i hope they keep up the same kindness towards me... When finished, my tutor told me that my feedback will be given later :(
Overall, i thing i did a good job, somehow i am more mature and i also have learnt not to overstress myself nor being afraid of this challenge. As a conclusion, i would expect a good result, i am not saying everything was perfect, though  but you never know what your tutor`s thoughts are...

BTW!! i wanted to tell you that exactly a week ago we were invited to an event in the Uni, we were really lucky to have a lot of important people including authorities from the US Embassy, the event was a huge success!!











1 comentario:

Ockap Lemyc dijo...

Heyyy sonita!!! we had a great time in that workshop right? i enjoyed it a lot. This week we had to start teaching again but it is something that must be done hahaha get accustom to it.. reading your post i could notice that you had some problems this time with the schedule but do not worry about, sometimes things do not go as we wish they go but just remember that everything has a reason. im lad you enjoy your class, i hope everything continue the same way... love you Bambola!!!!!