YGA Spring Conference 2016, Copenhagen

YGA Spring Conference 2016, Copenhagen

viernes, 11 de febrero de 2011

Sonita ... just Hang on !!!!

A week later and here i am again posting the most relevant events that are happening in my life =)...Firstly, i have to say that i never had the chance to thank all the ones that give themselves time to read my blog, seriously, i really  appreciate it!!
Well, this week has been full of ups and downs, but the most important thing is to get the best out of them.  Definetely, a plus has been that it seems that my arm is healing!!! it feels quite better but i cannot assure it is successfully healed. Let`s see what happens when i head up to my first swimming session tomorrow. Ahh yeaaaa, finally!!! I really miss my hard workouts in the pool and track and i just can´t wait to get back there and just do what i love the most "triatlon". But what  surely is  above my priorities is my Education, therefore, i have to put more effort to it than anything else. This is my final year, it means that i am in the final stage of my 5-year journey, it seems easy but it is not. I am not saying that the tasks are impossible to accomplish nor too difficult, but they take a lot of time and stress from you. But the good news are that i am getting more used to this hectic "Senior student" life and it just will take less than 6 months!!!. 
As i said in my last post, one of the new things that i am facing is my teaching practicum, and it is taking me a lot of time!! My first time was not  a disaster i guess, but it wasnt perfect either, but as soon as i heard my feedback last Tuesday, i just felt kind of hurt, more insecure than before, dissapointed and very stressed. I just told to myself "how can they ask for perfection to somebody like me?" "I´m not a pro nor an expert at this?", i just felt out of the track, i was so sad and  i found myself in a blind alley =( I just thought "OMG how am i going to do  next time?". But i know that everything has a solution, and that i was not going to relsolve anything with those negative feelings, that´s why i  just thought that it was actually possible to do a better performance. So i just prepared everything for Wednesday´s task and began to do my duty.
I managed to avoid the mistakes i had done last time, i liked the fact that i was going to deal with grammar structures which is something that i enjoy instead of doing games, activities and stuff like those.
I tried to do the best activity by giving clear directions, i was totally sure the directions were  clear enough  for me, but sadly they were not for the guys :(, i explained many times and they still didn`t get my idea =( .... i felt so desperated and  i almost freaked out, and adding the fact that i was being observed i just wanted everything to be perfect,but obviously it wasn´t. Luckily, my tutor helped me out and the students finally got the idea.  I appreciated it from the teacher =). When doing the next activity, i noticed one boy did not have a book, he seemed shy and kind of cold towards me. I had a copy of the lesson and gave it to him kindly, he smiled and seemed very  grateful to me, i felt rewarded (good sensations =]) :)!!!...Then i pasted my grammar charts and started my explanations. I think it well went, it wasn´t that bad since everybody got my ideas, i just thought "good for you Sonia". I realised the time isn´t felt whilst being busy and i think this time i did a  better job,  not greater, though.
Furthermore, my classmates have told me that they did better too which is something that im happy for:). Everybody is so close that i just don´t feel the time whilst being in a class. Everyone has a different outstanding quality that i admire.I have to thank them as they´ve been so supportive with me as well.I just have to hang on and give my best in every task,no matter whether i like it or not and it also won´t be forever which is nice ;).Now it seems hard, stressing and it feels that my time is being stolen since i can´t do activities i´m used to do daily but at the same time I know that time goes very fast and out of a sudden i hopefully  will be finishing this semester with a huge smile in my face. 

cheers ;)




3 comentarios:

Raúl Vega dijo...

Hi Sonita. I know it is difficult for you to teach, but I know you are able to do what you want. Maybe the fear you feel is because of the comments or the feedback you received. Remember that you will have more opportunities to do your best. Don't give up! I know you can do it, and you know that as well. :-)

Sonia Maria Zavaleta Mancia dijo...

jajaja gracias sandor i really appreciate it !!!

Unknown dijo...

good video soni good video remember soni you are strong and you can do anithing you want to acomplish and you can reach any goals lest gooooooooo soni yo can doit