YGA Spring Conference 2016, Copenhagen

YGA Spring Conference 2016, Copenhagen

miércoles, 23 de febrero de 2011

Mission 1 Done!!!

Holiiizz!!! well as the headline UP there says : Mission 1 has ended. Good news for me since i´m going to have a week off, afterwards i have to start the process again but overall, Season 1 has been so much fun, lots of learning and great memories have been gained as well =]. I learnt that there is always a first time, and even though i struggled a lot at the beginning, i did not get frustrated and just looked forward to the following opportunities .
After the first time class disaster, only one thing came to my mind : "there are 3 more opportunities to show what i can do and what i can apport to my  tutor and the group of students i was responsible for. 3 more chances are still waiting for me" i said. As a result, i improved a bit the 2nd time and a bit more the 3rd and 4th time. OMG it feels so good!!
Another thing that i must add is that you have to be ready to do things that maybe you are not used to doing everyday, something new may be challenging but  what really counts is the experience you are able to have and when seeing that you are improving your performance, the final result turns to be possitive for you. Every class i climbed a step, i was going uphill , well,actually, i am going uphill i guess!!! but i am not saying i don´t have mistakes, i still have details i should work on.
Furthermore, this time i felt quite nice and a bit sad because i got to know a bit the students i was looking after, somehow they made me feel secure whilst delivering my class. Their cooperation was a key for me since the last 2 times my fear and insecurity had faded away =)!!! I had the opportunity to see their skills as students and even their personal qualities. I dare to say that they are quick learners which made this whole thing easier for me, i have to thank my tutor as well, he was very supportive and even though i felt unsure about this at the beginning, he and i worked as a team, i still have a lot to learn, though !
What made me feel very rewarded and satisfied to myself was that some students told me that they were understanding everything despite my Zero  experience in this different world jajaja, a group of girls approached me and told me that i was part of their team :) it was so nice to hear that and obviously it meant for me ----> ZERO nervousness, ZERO insecurity, ADIOS to my fears.
Therefore, the final outcome is that  i got the best out of this experience, i have no regrets and the more relaxed you are, the more fun you have and the BETTER the result tends to be. So, my advice would be, don´t be afraid and get out and just do what you have to do as best as you can.

Sooo...What`s next?? Well, i have lots of homework, essays, etc. and Season 2 kicks off within 2 weeks..

More posts coming soon :)


Ooooooh!! BTW, this note was sent to me by some of the students jejeje =)!!!





4 comentarios:

Unknown dijo...

jajajajaj sonia you are atractive jajajajjaj for the boys

Unknown dijo...

you need to syudy every day sonia you are a good person

cemelendez dijo...

Sonita,

Great thoughts. I really enjoy reading your reflections about your teaching experience. Thank you for your honesty and for sharing them with us.

Sonia Maria Zavaleta Mancia dijo...

thanks to you teacher...i wouldnt have done this if it wasnt for you and my classmates` support... thank you =)