YGA Spring Conference 2016, Copenhagen

YGA Spring Conference 2016, Copenhagen

jueves, 3 de febrero de 2011

Facing my fears !!!

It´s February already and i can`t believe how fast time flies by and the more time is running,the more demanding University homeworks and stuff are getting, im not saying that they are reachless nor impossible to accomplish but for me there are some kinds of activities that i enjoy more than others. Wednesday  was a very interesting day for me since i had to face one of the tasks im the most afraid of (TEACHING).
Last year, i knew that 2011 was going to be very rough for me since i had to face the subject of Teaching Practicum but i was not worried since i had plenty time to relax and not to pay attention to it (it wasnt  time yet). But NOW it is the time for me to get over all my fears and prove myself that i can do whatever task that is set for me. So our teacher set us a level to be in. He raffled the levels/teachers, i had my level and my tutor teacher (the tutor was going to grade me so i depend of him which is very scaring). Afterwards i got acquainted to my tutor and thankfully he seemed nice and he gave me a lot of possitive vibes but i was still super frightened and restless about it. Thursday evening i prepared almost everything for Wednesday´s class because even though my hands were shaking because of next day´s duty, i was telling to myself not to be suffering and that if some of my classmates had done it already, why not me? and i thought about all  the possible details i had to be careful on ( not to have grammar mistakes in my charts nor in my copies, etc). Wednesday i got up at 4:00am and went for an easy run in the track with my team and my sister. At 6:30 i was back home and i took a 30 minute nap, then i got ready and i was off to the University at 8:00am.

I sat in front of the classroom and just waited. Suddenly my tutor teacher showed up and i knew it was time to do it. I felt incredibly nervous that i think everybody in the classroom noticed it ( i felt very ashamed!). Then the teacher kindly introduced me to his students and i began to teach. There were a few restless boys as well as some lovely and respectful guys (boys and girls), that´s normal in a class, though.
Seeing this (identyfing the student´s impressions) helped me so much since i wasn`t the funny target for the students. I felt so good when everybody understood my directions and my activities since they did everything the way i wanted. I felt so relieved and happy since it shows me that they are very quick learners. I wasn´t that nervous anymore  but i still don`t know what the teacher thinks about my performance. I`m looking forward to knowing what my mistakes were and where my weak points showed up the most. Furthermore,  i`m willing to hear any suggestion and correction that my tutor might give me so that we are here to learn. I liked and cannot forget what my tutor teacher told me the last time we spoke "JUST RELAX. We are not perfect but we still need to learn from eachother`s mistakes, i can learn from you as well as you can learn from me ", im so grateful to him for such words because at that point my lack of confidence faded away a bit. I still don´t know what this week´s score will be but i think that i will improve my performance week by week.

In the afternoon`s class (it felt so nice to be a student again!!) i learnt how to create videos i didn`t finish it, the time flew by too fast . When i got home, i was very exhausted both fisically and mentally but in the long run those sacrifices pay off.


The video i intended to make, it is about one of my favorite topiks jaja, a lot of details are missing though.


cheers!!!


SONIS =)

4 comentarios:

Teacher Yenni dijo...

Congratulations Monita!!! You see, it wasn`t so difficult as you thought. Don`t worry too much, just enjoy what you are doing and you will see how the time flies... Just be positive, and everything will be easy...

cemelendez dijo...

Sonia,

I can see you are learning a lot this semester. I enjoyed your video. You can create a video for one of your classes. I am sure that will impress the teacher.
Congratulations for your first class.

Sonia Maria Zavaleta Mancia dijo...

thank you teacher and mriss:)

Unknown dijo...

good sonia good video very interesting