YGA Spring Conference 2016, Copenhagen

YGA Spring Conference 2016, Copenhagen

domingo, 5 de junio de 2011

Writing from Bozeman

Hello!!! im sorry for the lack of posting, its been a while but there's a reason :)....it has been 3 weeks away from El Salvador, for the ones who don't know, i'm in Bozeman, Montana USA. I arrived exactly on May 15th and believe it or not, this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too different from ES. A day before coming, my family/friends came over and made a farewell for me :(, it was a bittersweet feeling since i was happy and sad at the same time. My friends stayed until 11 pm and then i packed;  i did not know what to pack since i knew i was going to come to a different place where the weather is not merceful jajajjaa. It was  hard to find the right outfits and i didnt want to leave my tiny shorts and my lovely dresses :).I woke up at 4am and my family drove me to the airport. I was excited but somehow at that time i didnt realise that i wasnt going to be home for a whole year.

My departure was at 8am and at 7.20am i said chauuu to mi mami papi Raul Tavo Stefani and tia Deisy. When entering to the checking-security spot, i looked back again for a last time and my parents were in the very bottom of the big lounge. I started to feel sadness and lots of memories came to my mind, i cried a lot the first half hour whilst being on the plane, i couldnt hold it anyomre, i had realised i was not going to see my family, friends and pets in a year but i was happy that this year might be a crucial one in my life. The first stop, LA :), big modern city. I had a gap of 6 hours though :(. Luckily, my relatives were waiting for me in the airport, i phoned my parents and told them i was safe, but sadly, time passed by sooo quickly that out of a sudden, it was time for another adios :(... I was off again, second stop: Salt Lake City, Utah!! OMG it was sooo nice to see the Western Rockie Mountains, beautiful view. I arrived just on time, then, time for another plane jajajajaja the final one that was going to take me to my final destination: BOZEMAN!!!

When arrived there, i was scared, the weather here is insanely Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooold!! i was taken to my dorm and barely slept for 2 hours. The next day, i went to the International Department since i was going to be tested, i was placed in level 6 :) which is something good since it tells me that my English  is not that bad jajajjajjajaaja, the teachers told me that had good pronunciation and gracias a Dios i got good results =) . The classes are nice, sometimes tough, though. I have exams, quizzes and presentations  almost everyday which is something that used to scare me the first and second week but now it seems i am getting used to it. I haven't had time to do lots of exercise but I've gone to the gym twice a week, i hope i can organise myself better. It's almost summer here and the weather is freezing  sometimes. I cant imagine what the winter time will be like :S i am going to die literally jajajaja
The people here is kind and warm, they don't look down on you but they always give you a hand :). My teachers are so nice to me, they told me this week that i was doing great in their classes and to keep the same rhythm. Homework is assigned almost everyday which is good sometimes, but  there have been days when i feel quite overwhelmed. It's part of the game, though !!

I have made many friends so far, international mostly. I have learnt  a couple of Arabic, Russian, Chinese, Mongolian, Korean, Japanese and Turkish words. I know how to write Sonia in Arabic jejeje their alphabet is very difficult to learn but i love it. I went hiking with friends the first week, partied a couple of times and yesterday we went to YELLOWSTONE ;) we didn't see the gazers, though, only bear, deer and bizonte foot prints which scared me out jajajajajajaja. My first snow encountering
 was yesterday at Yellowstone hiking, i fell down a couple of times but i expect to be better next time. I have had a good time being here so far and  i just hope that everything works well for me. I just want to thank everyone who helped and supported me, i thank God for giving me this opportunity and hopefully i will be posting more good stuff about this wonderful experience. I miss my country and my family but hopefully, i will be back better prepared and with higher expectations :)

more Pics coming soon ...







Bendiciones

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

It happened to me in Japan. I had test and homework every day. And the test time was incredibly hard and exhausting. But guess what.....it was great. As human beings we adapt so fast to different environments and situations. And I finished falling in love with everything there. So you will too (if you arent yet). Do your best, have fun, and study. God bless you Sonia.