YGA Spring Conference 2016, Copenhagen

YGA Spring Conference 2016, Copenhagen

viernes, 6 de mayo de 2011

Last Wednesday??



Wednesday has been the chosen one definetely!! The whole semester weekly duty was done on that day, it seems that at the beginning i used to pray for not to face this day jaja, but now it seems i`m afraid no more.
Wed, 5th was a very particular day since i arrived at the Uni acompanied =). My younger brother Raul offered himself to film the class; i would have rather not to but somehow i was a bit curious about what my performance looks like, i think it`s like when you are either swimming or running and you think you are doing the right technique but when seeing yourself in a video, you`re actually not.
Well, at the beginning, i just begged the students to behave naturally, that message was reminded me also because i felt quite nervious. By the way, i am not sure whether this was going to be my last class. I  was just determined to do the best i could, not because i was being recorded but i wanted to have a higher score since last weeks one wasn`t that rewarding for me, nevertheless, i was confident this class should be way better than a week ago.
This time, i could notice more participation which is something i like. I hate to be ignored by the students. Even though the class was based only in grammatical stuff, the guys seemed quite interested in my explanation. I have to say that these people are really catchy, a single explanation is enough sometimes. I think i managed myself  to have a good performance, i didnt roll my toungue as last class` explanation (a total disaster) and my nervousness dissapeared. This time i was more careful when giving directions, my brother told me that sometimes i speak too fast though he understood my explanation.
At the end of the class, my tutor asked me to stay a while. He kindly congratulated me for my trip to Montana in front of the students. It feels super nice when a person stands out your qualities and achievements. I gave the students some pieces of advise to take advantages of the opportunities life can offer, you never know what the future will be like,therefore, there are always chances to get through the obstacles we may have in order to succeed. I encouraged them never to drop out University and to think ahead. I empasized them that   intelligence , determinance, willigness, courage and humbleness is what really counts at the end of the road. Just give it a go, and keep trying. Impossible is nothing!!

25 sec of my duty ;)  





9 min

3 comentarios:

Teacher Yenni dijo...

It is nice that you improved in this class. As you see, we have learned a lot during all these teaching opportunities we have had. You are about to go, but you will see that you will acquire more knowledge and more experience just take advantage on it. Good luck Sonita.

Raúl Vega dijo...

Monita don´t go! :-(
Hi Monita it is nice that you have recorded your class; that´s a nice experience you will be able to watch and will help you to remember that we are learning through experiences. I hope you have enjoyed these opportunities. I know you don´t like teaching, but I know you have learned a lot from it. You are a great student and I know you will do it great also in another country. Good luck my friend.

cemelendez dijo...

Sonita,

Congratulations! we can see that you have improved a lot in your teachiong skills. You did a great job this semester and I am sure you will have this experience with you all your life. Now you can see that it was not as difficult as you thought it was going to be.

Who knows, may be you have the chance to teach Spanish at Montana.

Enjoy that experience. It is one of a kind and you have to take the most of it.